Renunciation of Pakistan Citizenship/Negative Certificate:
On receipt of an “Einbuergerungszusicherung” (Naturalization Certificate) from the German authorities, a Pakistani citizen, not below the age of 21 years, can apply in person only for renunciation of Pakistan citizenship/Negative certificate.
- DOCUMENTS MENTIONED BELOW MUST BE PRESENTED ON THE COUNTER IN THE SAME ORDER REPEAT IN THE SAME ORDER AS GIVEN BELOW OTHERWISE THE DOCUMENTS WOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AND THE PERSON WOULD NEED TO TAKE A NEW TOKEN AGAIN TO SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS AFTER PUTTING THEM IN THE GIVEN ORDER:
Application for the Renunciation
The following documents are required to be submitted (Total 3 sets of documents)
(1 set attested (with original Einbuergerungszusicherung & translation) + 2 sets of photocopies of all mentioned documents)
- Form X (duly filled in with computer) attested by Notar along with two (2) photocopies (Please also note down your contact no. & e-mail so that you can be contacted timely).
- Dully filled in Computer Proforma (from serial number 4 to 14).
- All previous Original Pakistani passports with two photocopies of each.
- Two photocopies of valid Pakistani passport.
- Two photocopies of CNIC/NICOP/CRC/ID Card.
- Deposit the Renunciation application fee €15 in person with EC card at the consulate with €1.00 bank service charges. Bank details for online fee payment.
- Einbuergerungszusicherung in original with two photocopies
- Authorized English translation of Einbuergerungszusicherung original with two photocopies
- Applicants who already have German nationality may submit three copies of Einbuergerungsurkunde, along with English translation, and two copies of the German passport.
- Children below 21 years, who have been granted German Assurance Letter/German Passports and residing with the parent(s), may be endorsed in the father’s Form. In this case please attach two copies of passport, CNIC/NICOP and international birth certificate of each child along with 6 photos. Euro 5/- fee is payable for each child. Please note that children below 21 years cannot apply for Renunciation of Pakistani citizenship neither independently nor with mother.
- Six passport size photographs with white background.
- Two Pakistani addresses of references written on extra plain paper(1 original and 1 copy).Example: 1 set of documents should consist of Form X+Particulars+Computer Proforma (All above mentioned documents’ 2 copies each with two sets only)
- Upon arrival of Renunciation Certificate from Director General IMPASS at the consulate, the original certificate will only be handed over when original CNIC/NICOP/CRC along with its cancellation fee receipt (paid and generated online) at the NADRA’s website (http://id.nadra.gov.pk), other required documents such as valid Pakistani passport are submitted to the concerned officer. The original CNIC/CRC/NICOP will be cut and returned to the applicant for online cancellation NADRA’s website (http://id.nadra.gov.pk).
The Renunciation Certificates are prepared and sent by the Directorate General Immigration and Passports, Islamabad. The minimum processing time for the renunciation certificate is 3 to 4 months after submission of the documents in the consulate. The applicants must check the status of the renunciation certificate at Consulate General’s website. Once certificate arrival at the consulate is confirmed, an applicant must bring the original CNIC/NICOP/CRC, along with its cancellation fee receipt (paid and generated online) at the NADRA’s website (http://id.nadra.gov.pk), original valid Pakistani passport and other necessary documents for receiving his/her renunciation certificate in person at the consulate.